Social Worker Supervisor, LICSWDate posted: June 23, 2022
PLAN is seeking a Social Worker who is licensed in Rhode Island at the LICSW level, who has a desire to work with individuals of all ages with a varying and wide range of disabilities, providing advocacy and support, collaborating with families, and others who support beneficiaries ensuring that their trust funds are used to improve their quality of life while preserving public benefits. The LICSW will provide supervision to his/her team of social workers on staff and provide case coordination services to trust participants.
The ideal candidate must have proficient knowledge of public benefits (SSI, Medicaid, and Public Housing) and the ability to manage a caseload with varying degrees of responsibility. The LICSW must have the ability to multitask, possess excellent assessment skills and proficient interpersonal skills for developing rapport with beneficiaries, families, case managers, attorneys, guardians, governmental, public, and private agency personnel, and PLAN staff. The ability to work independently and interdependently is essential. A good sense of humor is a plus
Social workers assist beneficiaries, with input from family and other significant individuals, in developing a spending plan, or life care plan. The Social Worker will assist participants in using their funds to obtain items and services that are important to them within the guidelines of state and federal regulations.
- Initial meeting of new trust participants to explain the trust and use of trust funds, assess participant’s living arrangements, strengths, and weaknesses, and develop a spending or life care plan.
- Ongoing contact with trust participants
- Prompt review of beneficiary requests and decisions on disbursements
- Resource development with the goal of giving participants ideas for using their funds
- Maintain current knowledge of public benefits, such as Medicaid, disability benefits and housing
- Aid with program development and innovation in Rhode Island
- Maintain current knowledge of public benefits, such as Medicaid, disability benefits and housing.
- LICSW required, with at least 5 years of experience working with the disability community in Rhode Island or related experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have own car and be willing to travel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively with a variety of disciplines in a team setting.
- Be familiar with resources and supports for people with disabilities. Strong ability to problem solve and advocate.
- Ability to work independently and interdependently.
- Familiarity with computers and computer programs, such as Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Integrity, positive attitude, and self-direction
- Keen attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Fluency in Spanish or another language a plus, not required
PLAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note: Our office is moving to Braintree, MA effective July 1, 2022. A start date prior to that would include orientation and introductory period at our Needham, MA location.