Service Coordinator (social worker)
Planned Lifetime Assistance Network of Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Inc. (PLAN) is a non-profit organization that proudly serves people with disabilities of all ages and their families throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We do this by administering special needs pooled trusts that allow participants to preserve assets, protect public benefits, and enhance the quality of their lives. Trust funds are professionally managed and invested with an established trust and investment firm. Case management services provided by PLAN’s social workers give participants opportunities to improve their quality of life. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere. For more information about PLAN, visit our web site at www.planofma-ri.org
The Service Coordinator is a licensed social worker and an integral member of the Beneficiary Services team, providing case management services to trust participants in Massachusetts and in Rhode Island. S/he will help individuals and their families identify wants and needs and help them to create a life plan or a spending plan; assist participants in using their funds to obtain items and services that are important to them; and advocate for participants by assuring that their needs and wants are met within limits set by their funds and by federal and state laws and regulations. The licensed social worker will report to the Director of Beneficiary Services.
Responsibilities include –
- Initial meeting of new trust participants to explain the trust and use of trust funds, assess participants’ living arrangements, strengths and weaknesses, and to develop a spending or life plan.
- Ongoing contact with trust participants
- Prompt review of participant requests, and weekly decisions on disbursements
- Resource development with the goal of giving participants ideas for using their funds
- Maintain current knowledge of public benefits, such as Medicaid, disability benefits and housing.
- Assist with program development and innovation in MA and RI
- Participation in appropriate network / professional groups, conferences and workshops.
A candidate should have the following experience and qualifications:
- BA degree
- Experience working with people with disabilities and their families
- Familiarity with resources and supports for people with disabilities or in other human services
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve and advocate
- Ability to communicate effectively and openly with a broad range of individuals and organizations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and interdependently
- Ability to grow from supervision and direction
- Familiarity with computers and computer programs, such as Microsoft Office and w
- Integrity, positive attitude and self-direction
- A second language is welcome, but not required
- An understanding and commitment to PLAN’s mission and programs
- Professional experience in RI and an interest in helping to develop PLAN services in RI
PLAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Generous package includes full medical and dental, retirement, great colleagues, and a collaborative working environment.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to: gro.i1566491111r-amf1566491111onalp1566491111@ofni1566491111
NOTE: PLAN will review submissions only from candidates who include a brief cover letter (in addition to a resume) explaining why s/he is applying for and well-suited for this position.