Director of Partnerships and Communication
PLAN of Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Inc. (PLAN) is a non-profit organization that proudly serves people with disabilities of all ages and their families throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We do this by administering special needs pooled trusts that allow participants to preserve assets, protect public benefits, and enrich their lives. Trust funds are professionally managed and invested with an established trust and investment firm. Case management services provided by PLAN’s social workers give participants opportunities to improve their quality of life. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere.
PLAN seeks an individual to build and grow strategic partnerships with organizations, agencies, private sector businesses, and professionals who serve and/or care for people with disabilities. Such relationship building must increase the number and broaden the demographics of the individuals and families served by PLAN. This position is part of PLAN’s strategic goals to raise awareness of special needs pooled trusts as a life planning tool for people with disabilities, and specifically about the trust administration and social services provided by PLAN. Challenging work that will make a significant difference.
The Director of Partnerships and Communication is a new position. S/he will have primary responsibility to help foster and maintain a positive public image of PLAN, promoting its mission, services and programs, both internally and externally. S/he will deploy all modes of outreach, education, marketing and communication to develop, strengthen and expand relationships with organizations, agencies, private sector businesses and professionals, and individuals who serve, care for and/or are people with disabilities in Massachusetts and in Rhode Island. The Director of Partnerships and Communication will report directly to the Executive Director.
Essential Job Functions and Deliverables
The Director of Partnership and Communications will have two overarching objectives: 1) generate an increase in the number of quality referrals made to PLAN by organizations, agencies, private sector businesses and professionals that serve and/or care for people with disabilities; and 2) referrals that broaden the demographics of the individuals and families served by PLAN.
To accomplish these objectives, essential functions include:
- Designing and implementing effective marketing, education and communication campaigns that will increase awareness and visibility of PLAN’s brand and services
- Building, growing and maintaining relationships with organizations, agencies, private sector businesses and professionals who will refer individuals with disabilities and their families to PLAN
- Developing scalable partnership models, drawing from external and internal practice and learning
- Leading and collaborating effectively with internal and external stakeholders to best position PLAN for success in achieving strategy
- Developing quality content and communications tools that are aligned with PLAN brand position and desired messaging
- Educating staff of external stakeholders about PLAN services to promote and support quality referrals
- Developing and producing high-value communications resources across multiple channels, including website, social media, email, blog posts, presentations, event calendar, FAQ sheets, white papers, infographics and other materials, as needed
- Monitoring external news media, social media and digital marketing sources and reporting on key issues and trends speaking to PLAN services and the people it serves
- Leading efforts to evaluate the effectiveness of PLAN’s marketing, education and communications campaigns
- Managing PLAN’s charitable giving programs
- Perform additional duties and project work as needed
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 7 years of business development experience cultivating partnerships with external stakeholders
- Experience should include research and partnership formation; design, development and submission of proposal packages; and submission follow-up to ensure lessons learned are carried forward to future submissions; and a knack for building and maintaining productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders
- Experience working to and meeting ambitious performance indicators, as well as participating in financial projections, reporting and scenario planning
- Superior written and oral communication and presentation skills with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, and documented accomplishments and experience
- Ability to self-direct and work independently in an organized, proactive and creative manner, while at the same time, collaborating with stakeholders and staff
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and workloads across varied programs and services
- Experience working with a range of digital and social media tools and platforms, along with strong presentation software skills, database and CRM tools (Salesforce or similar), and WordPress; and with design software such as Adobe Creative Suite is highly desired
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Integrity and positivity
- Flexible and adaptable personality
- Interest in what it is like to live with and/or care for someone with a disability
- An understanding and commitment to PLAN’s mission, services and programs
- Bachelor’s degree
PLAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: Generous package includes full medical and dental, retirement, great colleagues, and a collaborative working environment.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume with Director of Community Relations in the subject line to gro.i1560890757r-amf1560890757onalp1560890757@ofni1560890757.
NOTE: PLAN will review submissions only from candidates who include a brief cover letter (in addition to a resume) explaining why s/he is applying for and is well-suited for this position.